The following are statistics of the impact on the community and the participants from work ranging from 2005 – present.
- 21 main stage productions were produced, over 60 Creative Campus projects developed, 8 events involving children.
- Work has received the patrocinio (patronage) of the Mayors of Florence, Leonardo Domenici, Matteo Renzi the President of the Cultural Commission of the Historic Center, Ornella Grassi and the President of the Historic Center, Stefano Marmugi, and written support from Nora Dempsy, U.S. Consul General of Tuscany.
- The initiative and individual outreach projects were written about in all major Florentine and Tuscany newspapers including: La Nazione, Il Nuovo Corriere, Il Reporter, Firenze Spettacolo, Corriere della Sera, Il Firenze, Il Giornale della Toscana, La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno, L’Ansa Firenze, City Firenze, C rriere Adriatico, Corriere Fiorentino, as well as the English paper: The Florentine.
- US papers include: Los Angeles Time, USA Today, Los Angeles Stage Alliance Times, and Backstage West which listed The Global Theatre Project as one of the ‘Ten Theatre Company’s Changing Lives.’
- Partnerships and collaborations include:
Actors for Autism
Artemesia Centro Antiviolenza
Associazione Sconfinando di Toscana
Biblioteca delle Oblate
Boston Court Arts Center
British Institute of Florence
Cooperativa Archeologia (settore beni culturali)
Casa della Creatività
City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs
Comune di Firenze (City of Florence)
Festival della Creatività
Heart of Los Angeles
International Women in Media Foundation
Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles
Los Angeles Unified School District
Palazzo Strozzi Foundation
Provincia della Toscana (Province of Tuscany)
Quartiere 1 di Firenze (Historic Quarter of Florence)
Regione della Toscana (Region of Tuscany)
The Robert F. Kennedy Foundation
Teatro di Cestello
Università di Firenze
U.S. Consulate of Tuscany
Sinagoga di Firenze
Stratford Shakespeare Birthday Commission, England
- CREATIVE CAMPUS GLOBAL INITIATIVE has thus far engaged over 900 U.S. students in over 60 projects and productions. Sample projects:
- Tuscany’s Festival della Creatività brought 80 US students together in collaboration with 15 Florentine artists. Their inter-active work at the Festival was experienced by over 6,000 visitors during the three days of the festival and given ‘exceptional notice’ by the Festival Director Paolo Chiappini who interviewed students and artists for his promotional purposes within the Regione di Toscana (regional government of Tuscany).
- For three consecutive years US students participated in ‘Il Giorno Della Memoria’ a bilingual event developed and performed with community members comemorating the Holocaust. The standing room only performance at The Great Synagogue of Florence was called by Rabbi Joseph Levi ‘the most attended of its kind’ (inclusive of non-Florentine individuals) with over 200 people in attendance.
- For three consecutive years US students participated in VDAY Firenze putting approximately 60 US students in collaboration with over 200 local residents and artists to create theatrical and multi-disciplinary events attended by over 4,000 individuals.
- English Spettacolare!’s Story Hour engaged over 35 US students with approximately 200 local children in interactive reading presentations to improve English comprehension from 2006 through 2008
- Through the collection of donations of student and local artist work and the development of a special event, L’Asta (The Auction), U.S. students raised €780.00 for victims of the earthquake of Abruzzo.
- The Creative Campus project was highlighted on NPR in a story by Sylvia Poggioli: Study Abroad Students Gone Wild in Italy. Airdate: March 2008
- Over 18 Universities/Study Abroad Programs sent their students to Creative Campus including: California State University; Palazzo Ruccellai; SACI; F.I.T. at Polimoda; New York University; Syracuse University; Kent State University; Florence University of the Arts; Richmond University; Fairfield University; James Madison University; Universita’ di Firenze; European University Institute; C.A.P.A; Lorenzo dé Medici; CEA Global Education; Smith College; Study Abroad Italy